Butternut Squash Soup
This is a super simple Fall or Winter soup that is delicious to snuggle up to by the fire with some soft cheese and seed crackers.
3 C. Chicken Stock
2 Med Carrots, chopped
2 Stalks Celery, optional
1 Med Onion, chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, pressed
1 large-ish Butternut Squash
1 T. Red Palm Oil (Has Vit. E and is more buttery than coconut oil)
1 T. Ghee, Optional
2-3 tsp. Chopped Fresh Sage
Dash of Nutmeg
2-3 tsp. Sea Salt ( I like to use Celtic Sea Salt for the added minerals)
1/8 tsp. Cayenne
1 drop Stevia Liquid (to help balance sweet flavor)
Garnish with Fresh Fennel or Basil, cream and/or a dash of Parmesan
- Slice squash lengthwise, clean out seeds, then chop into cubes.
- Sautee celery, carrots and onion in oil until soft. Add garlic and sage and sautee for 1 more minute.
- Add stock, squash and the rest of the ingredients, except for the garnish, and simmer until squash softens.
- Then, pour the soup into your high speed blender and blend until super smooth. Add more water if it is too thick. When done, pour soup back into your pot and season to your taste.</p>
- Garnish with herbs, cashew cream, sour cream, or creme fraiche and serve. Makes 6-10 servings.