Carb-Lovers Cauliflower Rice
I know you might be saying to yourself, “yeah right, cauliflower doesn’t exactly fool me when it comes to my warm, comforting rice indulgences”. Well, I gotta tell ya, I thought the same thing until I tried it. Just be sure to cook your cauliflower a bit al dente and you will be pleasantly surprised at its ability to mimic grains. As you may already know, cauliflower does an amazing job blending into a mashed potato disguise. So, now you can check out its pretty darn good rice imitation.
My big indulgence is Thai Curry, and this little dish makes a wonderfully nurturing companion. It has a slightly tangy, Asian note which makes it pair beautifully with Asian dishes, however, it’s very easy to switch up by nixing the ginger for other spices like, oregano, rosemary, basil or fennel. Have fun adding in your own spice-combos and various veggie medleys.
2 C. Fresh Mushrooms, sliced
1 C. Mixed Color Carrots, chopped
4 C. Raw Cauliflower, riced
2 Cloves Garlic, minced or pressed
1 tsp. Fresh Ginger, minced or paste
1 to 2 tsp. Sea Salt, to taste
2 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
Pepper to taste
5 Stalks Green Onions, chopped
1/3 C. Cilantro or Parsley, chopped
2 to 4 T. Pumpkin or Hemp seeds
1 T. Coconut Oil
Sprinkle Chili-Lime Seasoning from Trader Joes, optional
- Sauté the mushrooms on med-high heat in the coconut oil until soft.
- Add the salt, vinegar, carrots, pepper, garlic, and ginger.
- Sauté for another 1-2 minutes (I like my carrots al dente).
- Then add the cauliflower and mix well while continuing to sauté until softened (about another minute or 2).
- Remove from heat and mix in the onions and cilantro. Leave some out to sprinkle on top.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin or hemp seeds.
- Enjoy with scrambled eggs, salmon, cultured veggies, sausages, grass-fed ground beef, curries, stews, etc…