Curried Orange Cauliflower Soup
This is a gorgeous soft yellow soup perfect for fall. And, it’s a refreshing, Caribbean departure from the customary butternut squash soup served for the holidays.
Since fresh vegetables tend to differ in their sweetness and taste, I invite you to use your own intuition about how much spice you use. You may need more or less of the spices I’ve suggested. The amounts I’ve listed are just meant as a general guide.
1 Large Orange-Yellow Caulifower
1 Can Coconut Cream (Trader Joes has it)
1 Sweet Yellow Onion, chopped
1-2 tsp Turmeric
½-1 tsp Cumin
½ inch Chunk of Peeled Ginger, chopped
2 Cloves Garlic,
2-3 tsp . Salt
¼ tsp Cayenne
¼-½ tsp Stevia
1 T Lime Juice
Top with: Chopped Basil, Cilantro, Coconut oil & Dab of Creme Fraiche or Cashew Cream
- Steam the cauliflower and put aside.
- Saute chopped onions and add dry spices.
- Add to Cauliflower and blend all the remaining ingredients in your Vitamix with 1 cup water.
- Blend until creamy. Add more water to get your desired consistency. Then, pour soup in pot on stove.
- Top with: Chopped Basil, Cilantro, Coconut Oil & Dab of Creme Fraiche or Cashew Cream. Serve and enjoy with your favorite crackers.