This is a super simple way to get your probiotics and healthy fats all in one. This recipe makes a very thick yogurt, so after I make it, I like to mix it with the Unsweeteened So Delicious Version at the store. It gives it a nice balance. Then, I sweeten it up with a little vanilla or toffee stevia after it’s all cultured and mixed.
- 3 Bottles or Cans of Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 3 Caps of your favorite Probiotic. I use Diana Stobo’s
- 1/2 Packet of Culture Starter from Body Ecology
- 1 Quart Glass Jar
- Vanilla or Tofff Stevia, to taste
- Toppings: Berry Compote and Crumble (both in my book) .
- Mix Coconut Milk, Probiotics and Starter in a bowl.
- Pour Mixture into glass jar. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in a dark slightly warm place. I put mine in my culturing cooler with the heating pad set to low (under the cooler, not inside the cooler). You can also use your oven.
- Leave for 24 Hours.
- Mix well and taste.
- If you want it more tangy, let it sit longer. If not, remove 1/4 Cup for your next batch and place in refrigerator.
- In the remainder, mix in some stevia to sweeten and then refrigerate. I like to mix mine with other kinds of yogurt to change up the thick texture as well.
- Next time you make it: Mix the 1/4 C.that you removed after it was done, and use it as your starter, then add 1 cap of Probiotics. Mix well and repeat with 24 hours of incubation time.