For those of you on a keto-genic diet, or just want to get more delicious brain fueling fat into your body without the added carbs, here is a very simple recipe for a tasty treat. It’s not just a sweet snack, but provides a nutritious energy boost.
In the recipe, there is an option to put in a high quality mushroom powder, because remember, chocolate opens up the capillaries in your brain, allowing whatever herbs or spices you add to have greater effect. Dried mushrooms will add more nutrients to boost your immune system and brain activity.
In addition to adding mushrooms to your chocolate bar, such as dried reishi or chaga, have fun playing with different spices like, chili, cayenne, mint, cinnamon, orange essential oil, etc…
- ½ C Coconut Butter, melted (it’s naturally sweet)
- ½ C. Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 C. Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2 T. Collagen Hydrolysate
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla Powder
- 5-6 Drops English Toffee Flavored Stevia, to your taste
- 1 tsp. Lakanto Maple Syrup, add more to taste
- 1/8 tsp. Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp. Mushroom Immunity or any Dehydrated Mushroom Powder, optional
- Silicone candy molds or 8×8 paper-lined Pyrex dish
- Put all the ingredients into your food processor.
- Pulse until mixed well, but not until smooth. You want to keep the texture of the shredded coconut
- Pour into silicone molds or paper lined pan of your choice.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours, or freeze until fully firm.
- Store in air tight container in refrigerator for at least 3-4 months.
- *For the Chocolate Version, simply add 1 ½ T of Cacao Powder and 2-3 tsp. Lakanto Maple Syrup with more Toffee Stevia to taste.