This beautiful medley is a powerhouse of healing nutrition! Featuring greens, mushrooms, onions, purple potatoes and more, it’s antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and cancer fighting compounds make it a great mix by itself or coupled with your favorite proteins.
- 2 Bunches of Organic Kale, de-stemmed
- 2 Organic Onions, quartered and sliced
- 2 Large Organic Carrots, chopped bite size
- 1 Large or 2 Small Purple Potatoes
- 2 C. Sliced Mushrooms
- ½ C. Cilantro or Parsley, chopped
- ½ C. Walnuts, soaked and dehydrated
- 2 T Hemp Seed
- Mct Oil or Avocado Oil and/or Coconut Oil or Ghee
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 Cloves Garlic, pressed or minced
- De-stem washed kale by tearing off the tender leaves from the stem of each leaf. Chop into bite size pieces and toss in a bowl with about 1 T. of oil. Lightly salt. Roast at 400 degrees for 10 mins.
- Quarter onions, then slice into thin slices. Toss in bowl with 1 T. oil with chopped carrots. Roast in oven at 400 degrees for 25-28 mins (until lightly browned).
- Slice potatoes into 3/4 inch slices, oil each side of the exposed potato (makes it more crispy) and salt, then roast the large slices on greased pan in the oven at 400 degrees for 28 mins. After cooked, chop into bite size pieces when cooled.
- While potatoes are cooking, saute mushrooms in coconut oil, add salt and pepper to taste. High heat will create a nice caramelized effect. For a more tangy flavor, add one tsp. of Apple Cider Vinegar after they are cooked.
- Toss all the roasted veggies and mushrooms together. Add fresh garlic (optional), salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle with cilantro and/or parsley, nuts and seeds.
- Enjoy with your favorite lamb sausage, or whatever protein you like. Works well with a little sprinkle of goat cheese, as well. Have fun experimenting with your favorite spices to change it up how you like it. Ginger, turmeric, cumin, cayenne, fennel, basil are all wonderful choices to try.
- Bon apetit!