This is a wonderful alternative to traditional fried chicken, as it is not filled with toxic fats and grains from the fryer. It is full flavored and far less greasy. Wonderful paired with green salad for that cozy picnic or family BBQ. Best when served right our of the oven, yet it is also delicious for a summer picnic.
Paleo Oven-Fried Chicken
- ½ C. Almond Flour
- 3 T. Tapioca or Arrowroot Flour
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 tsp. Taco Spice from Trader Joe’s (Or, mix 1 ¼ tsp. Cumin, 1 tsp. Onion Powder, 1/8 tsp. Cayenne, ¼ tsp. Lakanto/Monk Fruit Powder, more salt to taste)
- 3 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- Sprinkle of ground black pepper
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 5-6 Boneless Chicken Thighs, skinned
- Coconut Oil Spray, optional
- Mix flours and spices in a medium sized bowl. Taste mix to see if it is to your liking. The Trader Joes Taco Spice is better than mixing up your own spices, but feel free to get creative. Add more flavors such as oregano, paprika, salt or more cumin. It should taste full flavored but not too salty.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs with Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Dip each chicken thigh into the egg mix, then coat with the dry spice mix. Use a fork so as not to pull the spice mix off with your fingers.
- Place each coated chicken piece onto a foil wrapped baking sheet.
- Spray chicken with coconut oil for a even colored surface. It is optional.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 22-23 minutes.
- Works with chicken tenders for parties too!