This simple salad is a wonderful go-to mix for spring and summer. The ingredients are designed to refresh and nourish your body, as it is filled with prebiotics and citrus. Top it with your favorite proteins and a few slices of avocado, maybe a tablespoon of cultured veggies, and you’ve got yourself a wonderfully healing and satisfying meal.
I like to shred a big container of the jicama and carrots to keep in my frig, ready to grab for lunch throughout the week. Then, I can easily dress it up with the citrus and spices and I’ve got lunch ready in minutes.
The recipe below is just an approximation of ingredients, as it’s meant to be tailored to your tastes.
For those of you that are unfamiliar with Jicama and what it looks like, see image below. You’ll find it in your produce section of your grocery store.
Spring Refresh Salad
- 2-3 C. Jicama, shredded
- 1-2 C. Carrots, shredded
- 1/2 C. Mix of Fresh Herbs: Cilantro, Mint, Basil, chopped
- 1/2 Lime Juice and Zest
- 1/2 Lemon Juice and Zest
- 1 tsp. Ume Plum or Apple Cider Vinegar, optional
- 2 tsp. Avocado Oil
- Hot Pepper Flakes, sprinkle to taste
- 1-2 Drops Liquid Stevia
- Celtic Sea Salt, to taste
- Pumpkin Seeds or Peanuts, sprinkled for added crunch
- Avocado Slices, optional
- Mix all the ingredients up in a bowl except for the avocado, seeds or nuts.
- Taste it for flavor adjustments. Might want more of this or that.
- Add your favorite protein, avocado, nuts or seeds on top.