This is a wonderful way to get your pasta fix without eating all the waist expanding pasta. I know zucchini doesn’t sound like a great alternative, but believe me, don’t knock until you have tried it! Just be sure to keep them al dente, as they cook very fast and will become very mushy.
I use my spirilizer to make my beautiful zucchini noodles and then I get creative with whatever veggies and proteins I have in the frig.
4-6 Zucchini (at least 4 Cups of Spirilized Zucchini)
1 Red Onion, sliced
2 Cups Sliced Mushrooms
1 ½ Cups Ground Turkey, Grass Fed Beef or any other protein you like!
1 T. Ghee
2 T. Coconut Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
Pinch or drop of Stevia, optional
½ tsp. Fennel
¼ tsp. Oregano or ¼ Cup fresh Basil, optional
1 T. pressed garlic, press and let sit for 10 mins before mixing in.
Soft Goat cheese or Cashew Cream to sprinkle on top, optional
- Saute your ground meat.
- Add salt, pepper, fennel and 1 tsp. vinegar.
- After it’s cooked remove from pan and place into large bowl.
- Then, saute sliced onion in the same cooking pan with ½ T. Coconut oil, until slightly brown and soft.
- Remove and add to cooked meat.
- Then, saute mushrooms in same pan with ½ T. Ghee. Add salt, pepper, 1 tsp vinegar, basil or oregano.
- Cook until browned. Add to meat mixture.
Place the zucchini in the clean pan, 1 T water and steam for 30 secs (it cooks very quickly). Add your meat mixture and pressed garlic. Mix and serve.
- Or, for a creamy Stroganoff texture and taste, put a dollop of cashew cream or sprinkle with goat cheese on top .
- *Cashew Cream Recipe
- Serve and Enjoy!