An Extraordinary Burger
This is a wonderful dish when you are in need of that boost of protein and savory flavor. Our family doesn’t eat a lot of red meat, but when we do we choose the best grass fed stuff we can find. Our favorite is from Tara Firma Farms in Petaluma. This recipe is so tasty that you won’t need to add any calorie dense condiments or starchy bread. It’s perfectly satisfying with a luscious green salad and pickled or cultured veggies. Great to serve at a bbq!
1 lb. Ground Grass Fed Beef (Pork or Chicken can also work)
1 Teas. Salt
2 Teas. Onion Powder
1 Teas. Balsamic Vinegar
½ Teas. Ground Pepper
2 Cloves Pressed Garlic or 1 tsp Garlic Powder
2/3 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- First, press your garlic and let sit for 10 mins.
- This lets the garlic create allicin which is a wonderful cancer fighting and immune boosting chemical for the body.
- Then, mix all the ingredients together. I like to use my hands to really mix it well. Form into 3 to 5 burgers, depending on your preference. Make sure your pan is nice and hot before placing the raw meat in the pan. This will help seal in the juices.
- Cook until crisp, then flip over, about 3-4 mins on each side.
- Enjoy with a nice green salad with cultured veggies. Pictured above are fresh greens from the Farmers Market, sliced radishes, marinated mushrooms, and pickled carrots, dressed with a simple olive oil, basil, salt and balsamic drizzle. Delicious!