Broccoli or Asparagus Soup
Here’s a super easy broccoli or asparagus soup recipe that is healing, delicious, and comforting. And, with the added collagen it is also a wonderful restorative food for your gut. It takes only about 20 mins to make and you’ll have soup for a few days.
4 Cups Organic Broccoli Florets or Asparagus
1 Med Organic Onion, chopped
1 T. Grass-Fed Ghee or Coconut Oil
1-2 pinches of nutmeg (just tiny bit)
Salt and Pepper to taste (approx. 2 tsp. Salt and 1/4 tsp. Pepper)
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper. optional
1 T. Grass-Fed Beef Gelatin, optional
4-6 Cups Water or Chicken Broth
1-2 tsp Grass-Fed Ghee to stir on top
- Saute onion with a tablespoon of ghee or coconut oil in a large pot.
- Add broccoli or asparagus with 1 Tbl. of water and steam with onion for 2 to 3 minutes. Should be slightly tender, not mushy. You want the soup to retain a beautiful bright green, so be sure not to over steam the broccoli or asparagus.
- Blend onion and broccoli in Vitamix with water or broth.
- Stir in gelatin with the rest of the ingredients and simmer for a few minutes to blend flavors. Be sure to be careful with the nutmeg as it can overpower the flavors quite easily. Just a teeny, tiny bit and it will enhance the vegetable flavor, not dominate it.
- To thicken the soup you can always add some arrowroot powder. Just mix 1 to 2 Tab. in a bowl with 1/4 C of the blended soup, then add mix to your pot. Stir over warm heat.
- You can also sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper, herbs, a tsp of ghee, or walnuts on top for added flavor.