Super Simple Chocolate Crunch Bar
This is a recipe that is perfect for the person that loves chocolate, yet wants to get off the sugary stuff or super expensive options at the grocery store. It’s a deeply nutritious treat that satisfies the chocolate craving, while delivering a whole host of powerful antioxidents and healthy fats. And, better yet..it’s sooooo easy to make!Feel free to add your favorite ingredients and make it your own.
*I highly recommend trying the superfoods, herbs, and essential oils listed below to experiment with flavor and added health benefits!
1 C. Coconut Oil, melted
2/3 C. Raw Cacao Powder
2 T. Maple Syrup or 2 T. Xylitol or Lakanto melted in 2 T. water
3 drops Omica Vanilla Stevia, to taste
1/8 tsp. KAL Stevia Powder (taste for desired sweetness)
1/2 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
1 tsp. Vanilla Powder (found on Amazon or MountainRoseHerbs.com)
1/2 C. Chopped Macademia Nuts, optional
1/4 C. Dried Pomegranate Seeds or Cherries or Berries, optional
- Pour your melted Coconut Oil into your blender. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the nuts and dried fruit. Remember dried fruit adds sugar, so alternatively, you could add other nuts, soaked and dehydrated buckwheat, or seeds.
- Pour your mixture into a paper lined pyrex 8×8 pan (very easy to remove the bars if the pan in paper lined). Or, you can pour into fun molds.
- Let your mixture cool until soft but no longer liquid, then sprinkle your nut and dried fruit toppings. I also like to sprinkle a tiny bit of coarse sea salt.
- Then, place the pan in the frig to set up your chocolate completely. When the chocolate is hard to the touch, remove from pan and cut into squares. You’ll need to store your treats in the frig to keep from melting.
- This chocolate is just a base recipe, you can add endless amounts of ingredients to play with flavor. Remember chocolate opens the capillaries in the brain allowing for greater absorption of minerals and nutrients, so it is a great idea to mix in super foods to this amazing gift from the gods.
- Super Foods to Consider adding for Super Nutrition and added Flavor:
- 1-2 tsp. Maca Powder
- 1 tsp. Goji Joy Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Mushroom Powder
- 2 tsp. Mesquite
- 1/2 tsp. He Shou Wu
- More simple ideas to ponder:
- 1 -2 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 1 -2 Drops Wild Orange Essential Oil
- 1 tsp. Organic Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne
- 2/3 C. Soaked and Dehydrated Buckwheat (adds a wonderful crunch)